So I was nominated for the real neat blog award by the fantastic Ida, thank you so much you made my week. I was swamped last week and have only just got around to doing this all now so sorry! If you haven’t already definitely go and check out Ida’s blogs she does amazing stuff!
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
- Where does your blog’s name come from?
I was a bit unsure of what to call it; I tried to brainstorm for a few days I wanted something that highlighted my story of recovery through an eating disorder. So I decided with recovery journey because to me recovery is a journey that never stops it’s a journey that’s going to have highs and ups but its all a learning experience.
- What made you want to start blogging?
I started blogging to help me express myself and keep an account of my recovery journey, and since starting I have realised the impact that I can make on other people, and that has been the best part. Being able to develop content that not only makes me happy but also may help someone else is such a great feeling.
- Have you written stuff for fun before your blog?
I tried to start a blog a few years ago when I was a bit younger but did not stick to it, this time with all my passion with mental health I am determined to keep this running.
- What’s your favourite or ‘favourite’ post?
My favourite post would be my blog on “the I wish I had an eating disorder”, eating disorders is something that I am very passionate about particularly when it has the highest mortality rate out of any mental illness in Australia. That post empowered me to start pushing for change and do what I can to make a difference in my community.
- The best comment you’ve ever received?
I haven’t received any comments on my blog, but I do receive a lot of support from Twitter and Instagram I cannot think of one specific one, but I do appreciate it all!
- Is there something you’d like to try with your blog in the future?
I am actually really interested in working with other people and doing collaborations with others in the future, so if you are interested hit me up! Haha
- What’s your favourite dinosaur?
I had to research dinosaurs to find one, but I have decided with Dilophosaurus, why did I choose this you ask? One because I have no idea how to pronounce it and two google it, it’s so ugly it’s cute!
This is so hard but here are the questions for the nominees (I did steal some ideas for questions from Ida):
- Why did you start blogging?
- Besides blogging do you have any other passions?
- Favourite animal?
- Where would you like to see your blog going in the future?
- If you had to read the same book for the rest of your life which one would it be?
- What have been the most enjoyable aspects of blogging for you?
- Favourite thing to blog about?
My nominees are: